The Wildlife Hotline is a volunteer emergency response for residents of Roxby Downs to receive assistance with injured or distressed wildlife and snake handling. The service operates 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
Following are some tips on what to do in the event you see a snake or injured wildlife.
Injured wildlife - what to do?
- Stay with the animal if possible and call the Roxby Downs Wildlife Hotline number on 0497 808 315.
- Calm the animal by covering it with a blanket or towel and placing it in a dark area, away from loud noises.
- DO NOT FEED the animal. If the animal is kept warm and quiet it can survive without food for up to 12 hours.
Snake - what to do?
- Stay calm and keep a safe distance.
- If the snake is near houses, pets or if it is in danger of being injured call the Roxby Downs Wildlife Hotline on 0497 808 315.
- Keep the snake within sight until a volunteer arrives.
- DO NOT try to catch or harm the snake.
The Wildlife Hotline is an intiative of the Roxby Downs Environment Forum supported by BHP.